Looking for proper quarters

The Big Comets
z28summit

Looking for proper quarters

Post by z28summit »

Does anyone know of a place that sells the correct style quarter panels for a 66 comet? All I can find are the generic ones without the correct body lines.

SASSY

Re: Looking for proper quarters

Post by SASSY »

Welcome,
Your user name indicates to me you are used to being able to buy reproduction parts for your projects.
I don't think you'll find that is the case with Comets.
Good luck with your project.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

z28summit

Post by z28summit »

I see they have made the correct quarters in the past, just are discontinued, and looking for a place that maybe still has some.

My username indicates that I buy reproduction parts? I dont understand.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

To me Z28 stands for a car that has a big following and lots of parts are made for them. Thats all not judging.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

jaugust33

Post by jaugust33 »

Does anyone here have experience with NOR/AM body panels? This company seems to be the only one currently selling 1966 Comet lower quarters. I have seen comments that the body line in front of the rear wheel is not correct but if the wheel lip and rest are reasonable I would rather hammer and dolly that part instead of making my own panel from scratch.

Jim

z28summit

Post by z28summit »

We picked up some generic ones. The body line is wrong, and the bottom lip is wrong. Pretty sure they are for a fairlane, but the wheel opening is correct.